Sunglo Calf Finisher
Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher is a complete textured formula to promote efficient weight gains and desired finish in show cattle during the final feeding phase of approximately 120 days.
- Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher should be introduced a minimum of 120 days before your final show date. The actual starting date for this feed will depend on breed, weight, maturity, age and desired level of finish for your calf.
- We recommend feeding Sunglo® Show Calf Grower during the growing period up to 900 lbs., allowing a minimum of 120 days before the final show date before switching to Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
- Transition slowly from one ration to another to minimize risk of digestive upsets.
On Full Feed:
- Feed should be completely consumed before next feeding. Do not allow feed to build up in bunk and get moldy.
- Remove any feed not consumed and reduce the amount of feed in proportion to the amount left over.
- Similarly, increase the amount of feed when feed is completely consumed before the next feeding, but limit this increase to one pound or less per feeding.
Slowing Rate of Gain:
If calves are gaining too rapidly in the finishing period, it may be necessary to use one of the following options:
- Decrease the daily allotment of Sunglo® calf feed by 2-4 lbs.
- Add Sunglo® Full Tank™ and feed at a rate of 1-5 lbs. per head per day to meet desired weight gain.
Some large-frame calves may require longer finishing periods or increased energy density in the finishing ration to achieve the desired finish.
- To increase energy try half Sunglo® Show Calf Developer and half Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
Add 1-3 lbs. of Sunglo® LiquaFAT™ to meet desired finish.
Also be sure to check out Sunglo® Man Up or Show Cattle Explosion for maximizing your calf's potential in the finishing stage.
Going Off Feed (Burnout):
This feed has been carefully formulated to promote consumption. However, should your calf experience a drop in feed consumption of more than 10% of targeted daily feed intake for more than two days, blend in Sunglo® 2 the Fullest™ at a rate up to 1/2 of daily intake to enhance appetite. A more dramatic drop in feed consumption may require going back to the beginning and re-initiating your calf to feed. In either case, return to Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher ration should be done gradually. Should your calf go completely off feed, consult your veterinarian or Sunglo® Show Feed specialist.
West Coast Formula: